Friday, January 27, 2012

Long Time No See

I know it's been almost a year since my last post, but I have recently been inspired to start writing again. So, I'm going to try to write more, maybe once a week if I can. I just have to be inspired, have something to write. But for those of you who gave me such great feedback when I started this blog, this one is for you. And thanks for reading and enjoying my thoughts.


I believe my last post was about a guy that I had just started dating.. and oh man has a lot happened since then!

So since so much has happened, I think I'll just put it all in order, at least mostly in order.
That special guy and I really hit it off when I went and visited him in Seattle. We had a blast. I'm sure most of you know this already though lol. We have continued to date since then, but this summer we found out he would be deploying to Afghanistan. (In case you forgot, he's in the Army.) We knew already we wanted to get married, to each other of course, so we decided when he came home on his mid-tour leave in June, we would get hitched. I immediately started thinking about things for the wedding and had already asked all of my bridal party if they would like to be in my wedding. More on that later...
He did the same and when he came home for leave in November we had lots to do. Within a few weeks we got officially engaged (and by officially I mean he got down on one knee and popped the question, the way it's supposed to be done), we got our engagement pictures done, picked out cake flavors and designed the cake, met with the pastor, got him fitted for a tux, and even registered for our wedding gifts. It was a lot to get done, but somehow we managed, and that's even between spending time with BOTH of our families. Did I mention my family absolutely loves him and is super excited to welcome into the family? Oh and just so you don't think otherwise, I absolutely love his family as well. I'll be getting a little brother and sisters, which I've always wanted. And his mom and dad are great too. Since I've spent time with him and his family, the Chicago Bear fanatics have almost converted me to a fan of "da bears."
Moving on.... Since all of this, Lance, the special guy who's name I don't believe I've mentioned, has deployed to Afghanistan. I think we're both taking it as well as we can, we each have things we need to focus on more than being sad all the time. We get to talk at least every few days so it isn't really too bad. And considering our entire relationship, with the exception of a couple of months total, has been long distance anyway. The only difference is not being able to text all day and talk and skype/facetime for hours each night. So it has been hard, not knowing what he's doing, where he is, if he's ok, when I'll get to talk to him again. But what can you do, besides try to keep busy and keep your mind occupied? You can't help the thoughts that come into your mind, they are always there, so I face the facts, say a prayer and move on with my day hoping maybe I'll get to hear his voice soon.
Ok so to go back a little, between visiting Lance in Seattle and him deploying, I started school in August. I enjoy it for the most part, with the exception of a few things, but there will always be something. I'm pretty proud of myself for trying to better my life and hey, I even made the dean's list. Only one from the giant town of Alba! If you know Alba, you know that's a joke... But back to everything that has happened.. I found out I'm going to be an aunt again, which is exciting because I love seeing precious little babies. And speaking of my sister, I know I didn't really mention her but in a way I did because she's my only sibling so the only way I can be an aunt again is through her, I had originally asked her to be my maid of honor for the wedding. I thought it was only fair because I was her maid of honor for her wedding, a marriage which didn't turn out to last too long..sorry Andy... Well a few weeks ago Kristin and I got into an argument because I was trying to give her a suggestion on what she should do to get her priorities in order (trying to make it seem nicer than I really was about it) and she got an attitude and told me to "f*** off." So that was it and I told her she wasn't my maid of honor anymore and asked my cousin Lindsay's to do the honors instead. Which has already proved to be a better decision since she is already planning my bachelorette party (oh boy...).

So I think that pretty much sums up everything that has happened with me in the past 10 months in a nutshell. All I can do now is be patient for the next 129 days for my groom to come home. Hope it wasn't too crazy to read. Be looking for more posts!

Until next time, don't forget to smile,,
Kylee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment