Thursday, February 17, 2011

Letter to Heaven


I thought of you today. I took Levi for a walk and found your collar when I was looking for a leash.

Today is perfect. You would absolutely love it! I can see you out in the yard just laying down in the sun, letting the wind blow as you stick your nose up towards the sky. It's days like these I think of you the most. Also when the snow was everywhere we thought of you because of how much you loved the snow as well. You just loved to be outside. Even though it's still hard to except you're gone, days like these make me feel better. I know you're enjoying it up in heaven, where everyday is a perfect one. You just loved life. And we loved you, It still hurts everyday, just as bad as the day you left us. It's still just as hard to think about you, talk about you, and write about you. As I'm writing this, tears are pouring into my lap. They are peaceful tears though, because I know you are no longer suffering and you're up there with your family and friends, and knowing you are watching over us. 
I really miss you. There are still days I turn and look for you to be laying down in your usual spot in the kitchen. Those days are hard. It's hard to believe you are really gone.
It's weird to think about how much an animal can impact your heart. You are family, always will be. You're the dog I'll be telling my kids about someday.
The day we put you down, I told myself I would never get another dog again. I didn't wanna go through that again. I wish you would've had some puppies so we could still have a part of you in our lives. Although, you will always be here, in our hearts. We have so many memories with you. Like when you used to put clothes in the food bowl so levi couldn't get any, or when we turned around in the car and you had a McDonalds sack on your head trying to get the french fries that were in the bottom :). I'm happy that we've made it to the point where we can look back and smile and laugh about things like that.

I can't wait for the day when I get to see you again, hug you and pet you, see you do elvis because you're so excited to see me.

Love you Bubbers
Until we meet again,
I'll try not to forget to smile :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this picture of Bubbers. So cute. Makes me think about our white poodle Angel. We miss her so much. But now like you said, when we think of her we can smile. She was such a great dog and companion. She was part of our family too. Take care Klyee! Keep smiling. : )

    ReplyDelete